About Me

   

 Hello, my name is Madeline Bartel but I go by Maddie. I enrolled in the Principles of Marketing based on the suggestion of it from my advisor. I recently changed my focus from psychology to business, I just haven't officially changed my major yet. Something that interests me about marketing is what draws people in. What is considered successful marketing, and if there is kind of a set of rules all marketing majors learn, then how come I don't want to buy everything I hear about? Obviously, I know that I don't need everything and a cool new dog bed means nothing to me because I don't own a dog but how come some marketing fails even with all the right stuff? 

    Outside of school, I have lots of random hobbies. I love hiking and camping, mostly only in the Summer though because I love the heat. My favorite place to hike and camp is in Sisters, OR. I've hiked South Sister several times with my family as well as a smaller mountain nearby called Three Finger Jack, which is only 3-4 hours round trip and absolutely gorgeous! I haven't hiked in the Albany, Corvallis area because I moved here in early September of 2021 but I am looking forward to exploring the hiking trails in the area. I overall just enjoy the outdoors. 

    Another interest I have outside of school is reading. I read probably 10 books over this most recent Summer and when Covid first hit I read about 16 before school started up again. I mostly read fantasy and fiction books. I will occasionally read a historical fiction or sci-fi book. One of my favorite series I read a lot when I was younger was Fablehaven by Brandon Mull, who is one of my favorite authors. I also loved the book Endangered by Eliot Schrefer and Threatened another book by her. I don't often read when I get super busy because reading consumes me when I do it, and I will end up spending the whole day or week reading. I reserve read for Summer days. 

   


Comments

Popular Posts